- Thanks for all of the great replies to the Hiring Overweight IT Workers Poll. It was interesting to see that the responses were split right down the middle. I’m diggin’ the polling capabilities, and I’ll do more of them in the future.
Got a new widescreen 16:10 monitor at work. It’s a GemStar/Gem GM-19WL. I luff it.
It’s 19” and has a native resolution of 1440×900. Resolutions are getting weirder and weirder these days, aren’t they? I had to upgrade my video card to use it (brought in a spare from home — shhh, don’t tell IT), but it was totally worth it. The extra horizontal space is most appreciated when working in design mode on Flex apps.
- And speaking of Flex apps, despite the disparaging despair of my last post about Flex, I’m still banging my head against it. I do think it has a lot of potential, if I could just figure it out what it is that I’m missing. Thanks for all of the encouraging comments. I think my problem is that I’m not giving enough time for the info to sink in. I think I’m going to go back to basics and sit down with a Flex book next weekend, sans computer, and just try to fit it all into my head without interrupting myself to try to code.
- School marches on. I’m currently taking the CCNA3 and CCNP1 courses in addition to my other classes. You’re not supposed to take them at the same time, as the CCNP1 class is technically the fifth in the series and I have yet to take the fourth, but so far it’s been working out very well to do them simultaneously. CCNA3 is mostly theory with little real-world basis, while CCNP1 is more real-world and troubleshooting, so having the “oh, that’s how I use that!” applications for the theory is helping significantly to drill the material into my head. The CCNA exam is in just over 2 months. I’m starting to get excited.
- I have another set of Chipotle stories from the past month that I’ll share in a future post. We gave Qdoba another try last weekend and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I remembered it.
- I can’t believe Day Break was canceled. Major bummer. How can the public not like a good time-loop storyline? But! I am impressed that ABC “gets it” enough to have put up the last 4 unaired episodes for download on their streaming video site. That’s unbelievably awesome. (It’s not shown in the list, but if you launch the player then you can navigate around and find them.) In other TV news, Veronica Mars continues to be t3h üb3r-1337.
- The wife informed me that she will be participating in the Maui Marathon this year. Oh. No. Stop. Don’t. Whatever you do, don’t drag me along to Hawaii. That would just be horrible.