Again, not a bad month.
- Birthday came and went. It was a better one than last year. Even though I didn’t get to spend it with the wife, I did spend part of it with some very good friends. And, I got to sit back and reflect for a few hours, which was nice.
- I traveled over to the St. Augustine area and traipsed along a few coquina forts. I am impressed to no end that someone several hundred years ago said “hey, let’s build a fort out of crushed seashells” and actually managed to convince people that it was a good idea. The wacky part is that the stuff is cannonball-proof and still standing today!
- I’ve talked to a few more people about my big mystery idea, and have gotten a universally positive response thus far.
- I’ve gotten comfortable enough with Flex that I feel more like I’m accomplishing things and less like I am fighting with it. So that’s nice. Prancer turned out well, I think.
- Got into a bit of a verbal scuffle on IRC. I’m getting too old to be baited so easily.
- I think I’ve made very good progress in my running. My last run set a personal record, and I didn’t feel like I was killing myself to do it. Though, I am a bit bummed that my school schedule is preventing me from getting any rock climbing in. Maybe my schedule over the summer will be a bit more flexible.
- School is going well. I’m far enough along in some of my classes that I feel like I’m actually learning something. Hopefully, my next Month in Review will include a bullet point stating that I’ve passed my CCNA exam. The target is still CCNP and B.S. in December.
- Work is work. I’m still doing some interesting things, but they wouldn’t really be interesting to anyone else.