How did I do in 2009? According to my 2009 goals:
- Finish my BS-IST.
- Did it. Yay!
- Start on my MS in Technology, and keep on track to have it completed by the end of Summer 2010.
- Nope. Didn’t work out.
- Jog an official half-marathon.
- Nope. Didn’t get that done, either.
One out of three. That sounds pretty bad. But overall? I’m happy with how 2009 turned out.
- Switched jobs to become a teacher. This isn’t working out quite as well as I’d hoped, but the experience has been 100% worth it.
- Passed 600 miles run on the NikePlus website. I’ve run a couple hundred miles without the NikePlus, but having someone else point out that I’ve run 600 miles is … reinforcing.
- Got through an entire year without panicking about finances. This is a huge deal for me, as it means that I might have finally gotten a handle on this whole money thing. And it was in no small part because I …
- Finished paying off all of my debt, except one small chunk I owe to my family for helping me out with school. But commercial debt? Gone! Again, this is a really big deal for me.
- Went an entire year without shopping at Wal-Mart or Target.
What’s in store for 2010?
- Get to 1000 miles on NikePlus.
- Start my MS.
- Learn a second language.
- Continue to eat mindfully.
- Continue to withdraw my support of soulless corporations.